After having a successful event last year, the CloudOps Summit enters it’s second year and is scheduled for September the 20th. Again we have choosen the fantastic location at Campus Westend of Frankfurt University.
Cloud Computing is just the beginnig
Cloud Computing is established in the minds of IT managers, IT departments and business departments. It keeps them busy in combination with other topics such as Big Data and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), resulting from the steadily increasing consumerization.
Policy discussions are yielding hard facts
The time of discussions around keywords such as IaaS, PaaS and SaaS has passed, as well as – especially in Germany – widespread concerns about the security in the cloud. The current trend is very clear that companies will use different types of cloud services medium to long term. The CloudOps Summit 2012 will stimulate discussions to take a step and discuss three main topics that will be of importance for the future:
Transition to the Cloud
- How can we migrate existing applications to the Cloud?
- Which experience exist regarding privacy and compliance?
- Which systems/platforms have special benefits from migrating to the cloud?
Build/Run the cloud
- How can we create and run secure cloud architectures?
- What consequences will Cloud Computing have for existing planning and operational processes?
- How can we deal with growing complexity of cloudbased architecturs?
- Which roles and tasks will tomorrow’s Cloud Operations required?
- How will the challenges change within each role?
- Will Cloud Computing enable new, disruptive services?
To get a first impression of what to expect, please find the media and information from last years event:
Videos of the Lightning Talks and Workshop Sessons are available at http://vimeo.com/channels/cloudopssummit2011
See you soon.